While times may be hard for dreamers, dreaming is all Amélie Poulain does. After surviving a tragic and isolated childhood, Amélie heads out on her own, joyfully finding her way through Paris and making friends from all walks of life: Suzanne, a trapeze artist-turned-cafe owner; Georgette, a hypochondriac tobacconist; Julian Dufayel, an artist with brittle bone disease; and many more. Through a chance discovery, Amélie finds a child’s box of treasures in the floor of her apartment, and sets out to return it. After her success, and the joy it brings to Bretodeau, the owner, Amélie resolves to anonymously do good for those around her. Most importantly, Amélie finds love in the form of Nino, a mysterious young man, and his photo album. Living in her imaginary world of make-believe and whimsy has been safe, but Amélie knows it is time to step out of her dreams and find joy for herself. With a romantic score, colorful characters, and a world of fantastical fun, Amélie is a beautiful tale for the dreamers in everyone.
- Location: Auditorium at Carroll Sr. High School
- Performance Dates: Nov. 14 – 17, 2019 (Times posted soon)
Auditions & Casting
- Audition workshop: September 23-25, 2019 – REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
- Audition dates: Sept. 30 – Oct. 1, 2019
- Cast list: TBD
- Rehearsals begin: Oct. 2, 2019
- Rehearsal calendar: To be provided via our Remind list
- Tech week: Nov. 6-12, 2019
- Coming soon!